Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing the financial leadership support to the Windsor plant including but not limited to:
- Leading the financial planning, budgeting, reporting and analysis processes
- Driving the internal management review and reporting processes
- Supporting the plant in achieving its financial and operational objectives
- Ensuring the overall integrity of the financial data & processes and business controls for the plant
- Participating, supporting and driving corporate wide financial priorities & initiatives
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, consolidate, oversee and implement management and financial reporting.
- Implement management systems to provide appropriate financial headlights on measurements and forecasts.
- Develop, implement and consolidate sales and profit forecasting procedures.
- Manage and analyse the financial results, including highlighting accounting, financial and operational issues.
- Provide financial advice to the plant team on operating decisions and support production capacity and manpower planning processes.
- Establish and review annual financial and operating budgets with the plant management team and participate in the development and execution of plant business action plans and priorities.
- Support development of plant, department and individual financial and operating targets to establish accountability throughout the operation.
- Monitor inventory levels and control processes for inventory management.
- Lead the capital budgeting process and develop appropriation requests for capital spending.
- Develop, support & monitor business control requirements. Perform internal auditing.
- Support the development of process re-engineering activities at the plant level.
- Provide financial leadership in supporting the plant’s operational initiatives and re-engineering activities.
- Safe Operations – works and if required, assists or directs/manages others to perform work only if it can be done so that no work site accident or illness results from any operational activity.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) or University Business Degree
- Accounting / Finance experience at a Senior Position
- Manufacturing experience required, Automotive industry experience preferred
- Supervisory / Management experience is an asset
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Strong computer skills. Excel, Word, Lotus etc.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, MRP and QAD preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Requires periods of mental and visual concentration during computer work and resolving problems.
- Volume of work can vary with periods of high demand, multiple issues and time pressures.
- Emphasis on completeness, accuracy and timeliness in the management of financial data.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills to manage multiple processes.
- Most work is carried out in a typical business office, with frequent visits to the shop floor that require wearing personal protective equipment (safety footwear, hearing protection, safety glasses) in appropriate areas.
- Requires attending meetings and telephone conference calls.
Please submit your resume by email to Sylvia at firstname.lastname@example.org, only those who are qualified will be contacted